Instant Pan Card Application Form | Instant E Pan Card Download Online 2021 | Download E-PAN Card Free | Pan Card Check Status / Download PAN | E-PAN (Beta Version)
The Income Tax Department of India has started the online application process to create an instant e-Pan card. Now anyone who wants to apply and download a PAN card immediately applies instant PAN card is a simple and hassle-free process and for online application, only an Aadhar card 12 digit biometric number is required.
Aadhaar number can be used as proof of identity (id), address, and date of birth (dob). Now people can easily apply online for e-Pan.
And also here we would like to tell you that the Income Tax Department had earlier launched the beta version of instant e-Pan card service on its official website incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.Table Of Contents
- Instant E-Pan Card 2021
- Instant E-PAN Card Highlights
- Eligibility Criteria For Instant E Pan Card
- Instant E Pan Card Apply Online Step By Step
- Instant E Pan Card Download Or Check Status
- Instant PAN Card Apply 2021 & Download
- What Is The Format Of The E-Pan Card? (Format Of E-PAN)
- Is The Instant E-Pan Card Valid?
- 29 Questions & Answers Related To PAN & E-PAN
Instant E-Pan Card 2021
E-Pan card is a form of PAN card which is given to you to download immediately after you apply as a soft copy and until your original PAN card comes to your home from speed post. So, you can use this e-Pan card in that case
There is some difference between a PAN card and an instant e-Pan card. Companies issuing e-Pan card UTI, NSDL, etc. While the instant e-Pan card is created within just 10 minutes and it is the only official website of incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in can only be obtained from
The e-Pan consists of an augmented QR code containing demographics (Name, DOB, Father’s name) information as well as biometric (scanned photo and signature) information of the PAN holders, which can be used in the off-line mode for PAN verification purposes.
The enhanced QR code information is accessible to user agencies through the freely available android version of the pan QR code reader on Google’s ‘Play Store’, which can be downloaded to any mobile phone running the Android operating system.
Instant E-PAN Card Highlights
|Service Name||Instant PAN Through Aadhaar|
|Department||Income Tax Department, Government Of India|
|Ministry||Ministry Of Finance|
Eligibility Criteria For Instant E Pan Card
- Applicant must have a valid Aadhaar that is not linked to any other PAN.
- Applicant must have his mobile number registered with Aadhaar for instant e-Pan card application.
- This is a paperless process, for which applicants are not required to submit or upload any documents.
- The applicant should not have a second PAN.
- Having more than one pan will attract penalty under section 272b (1) of the income tax act.
Instant E Pan Card Apply Online Step By Step
Those who want to apply for an instant e-Pan card, they have to fulfil all the eligibility criteria mentioned above, follow all the steps mentioned below to apply online for the e-Pan card:
- To apply online, first of all, visit the official website of Income Tax Department Incometaxindiaefiling.Gov.In
- Now you will see a link of “Instant PAN Through Aadhaar” under the Quick Links section, click on it.
- On the next page, you have to click on the button “Get New PAN“.
- Now the registration form of apply e-Pan through Aadhaar will open in front of you.
- And you have to fill in your Aadhaar number in the box, after this, you have to fill in the captcha code also, remember that you have to fill in the same Aadhaar number in which your mobile number is registered.
- The applicant will receive an OTP on the registered Aadhaar mobile number; submit this OTP in a text box on the webpage.
- After submission, an acknowledgment number will be generated. Please keep this reference number for future reference.
- On successful registration, a message will be sent to the applicant’s registered mobile number and email id (if registered with UIDAI and certified by OTP). This message specifies the acknowledgment number. Through which you can download your e pan card from the pan card download section.
Instant E Pan Card Download Or Check Status
- To download the pan, please visit the income tax department’s e-filing website incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Click on the link “Instant PAN Through Aadhaar“
- Click on the “Check Status of Pan” button given on the next page
- Fill the Aadhaar number in the box provided, then submit the OTP received on the Aadhaar registered mobile number.
- Now you will see the status of pan whether your pan card has been issued or not.
- If the PAN is allotted, click on the download link to get a copy of the e-Pan pdf.
- So, friends, you can easily download your instant pan card and also check its status.
Instant PAN Card Apply 2021 & Download
This facility is for the allocation of instant PAN (on a near-real-time basis) for applicants who have a valid Aadhaar number. PAN is issued to applicants in pdf format, for which no amount is charged from you, it can be obtained absolutely free of cost.
The applicant has to type his valid Aadhaar number and submit the OTP generated on the registered mobile number. Once the process is complete, a 15-digit acknowledgment number is generated. Once you submit the request,
The applicant can check the status of the request at any time by providing his valid Aadhaar number and can download the PAN on successful allocation. The applicant will also get a copy of the PAN in the e-mail id registered with the Aadhaar database.
This PAN card facility is issued only for a short time. It depends on the income tax department how long they continue this service.
That’s why to download a PAN card, you keep checking new notifications of incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in from time to time, this feature is currently running in 2021, so you can create an e-Pan card for any individual.
What Is The Format Of The E-Pan Card? (Format Of E-PAN)
This e-Pan card is exactly like the real pan card, you can use it only as an e-Pan card, it can be used anywhere as a soft copy and its format through the pdf given below.
Is The Instant E-Pan Card Valid?
Electronically issued and digitally signed e-Pan is now a valid mode of issue of permanent account number (PAN) post amendments in Clause (c) in the Explanation occurring after Sub- Section (8) of Section 139a of Income Tax Act, 1961 and Sub-Rule (6) of Rule 114 of the Income Tax Rules, 1962.
The government has recently amended Sub-Rule (6) of Rule 114 of the Income Tax Rules, 1962, vide G.F.R 1128(e), dated 19/11/2018 for empowering the Pr. Dgit(s) to notify formats and standards along with the procedure of issue of PAN.
Consequent to the notification dated 19/11/2018, Pr. Dgit(s) has notified procedure, formats, and standards of issue of Permanent Account Number (PAN) vide Directorate of Income-Tax (Systems) Notification 7/2018 dated 27.12.2018. Consequent to this notification, electronically issued digitally signed e-Pan now is a valid mode of issue of PAN.
29 Questions & Answers Related To PAN & E-PAN
1. What Is PAN?
2. What Is Aadhaar Based Instant PAN?
3. Is This PAN Valid? Is It Different From The PAN Issued Via Other Modes Of Application?
4. If I Apply For Instant PAN, How Will I Get The Allotted PAN?
5. Do I Have To Pay For Using This Facility Of Aadhaar Based Instant PAN?
6. What Is E-PAN?
7. Is E-PAN A Valid Form Of PAN?
8. From Where Can I Download The QR Code Reader?
9. Can I Use This Facility If I Already Have A PAN? Can I Apply For Another PAN?
10. Who Can Apply For Allotment Of Instant PAN Through Aadhaar E-KYC?
11. Can Foreign Citizens Apply For PAN Through E-KYC Mode?
12. Is There Any Mandatory Requirement To Apply Through E-KYC?
13. Can I Apply For PAN If My Aadhaar Card Is Not Active?
14. How Is Aadhaar Verified Through Instant PAN?
15. What If I Do Not Get An OTP?
17. If My Aadhaar Authentication Gets Rejected During E-KYC, What Should I Do?
18. Do I Need Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) For Applying For A PAN Card Through Aadhaar Based Instant PAN Facility?
19. Do I Need To Submit The Physical Copy Of The KYC Application Or Proof Of The Aadhaar Card?
20. Do I Need To Upload A Scanned Photo, Signature, Etc. For E-KYC?
21. Do I Have To Send Acknowledgment Or Any Document If An Instant PAN Is Applied Through E-KYC Aadhaar Mode?
22. Do I Need To Do In-Person Verification (IPV)?
23. Which Are The Centers For PAN Allotment Through E-KYC?
24. Can We Give An Address Different From The Address On The Aadhaar Card?
25. How Do I Check My Status Of The Instant PAN Application?
26. Will I Get A Physical PAN Card?
27. How Do I Get A Physical PAN Card?
28. Can I Make Any Changes In My Existing PAN Through This Facility?
29. If I Cannot Use The Facility Of Instant PAN Allotment, Whom Should I Contact?
Hope we have furnished all the required information to get an Instant e-Pan card and this tutorial has been a valuable guide for you. If you liked this guide, do share it for the help of others and support the cause.